The Fisheries Committee has been created under the Ministry of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources.
The ministry noted that the creation of the committee would promote effective implementation of the recently adopted Fisheries Development Program until 2030 and would increase the volume of fish farming and export of fish products.
Kazakhstan is planning to be growing 270,000 tons of commercial fish a year until 2030.
These plans are to be reached within the framework of the state program for the development of the fishery sector till 2030 presented during the government meeting December 29, 2020.
The program implementation is expected to create new fish farms and help the existing ones reach their full capacity.
The ministry said that the analysis of Kazakhstan’s fishery sector revealed that up to 600,000 tons of fish per year could be grown using the reservoirs of Kazakhstan. There are plans to achieve these volumes in stages, 45% of the potential will be achieved until 2030 and the remaining 55% until 2040. Some 545 new fish farms will be created and 323 operating farms will reach their full design capacity. (Trend/Business World Magazine)