The turnover of retail trade enterprises increased by 2% YoY in July, according to Statistics Estonia.
The increase in July at constant prices led to a retail trade enterprises turnover of EUR 624.1 million. If seasonally and working-day adjusted data is taken into account however, the increase stood at 1%.
The breakdown is as follows:
– Pharmacies/stores selling cosmetics – 13%,
– Online stores and mail order – 11%,
– Hardware and building materials – 8%,
– Department stores selling predominantly manufactured goods – 7%,
– Other stores selling manufactured goods – 5%,
– Stores selling textiles, clothing and footwear – 3%,
– Enterprises engaged in retail sales of automotive fuel – minus 3%.
The turnover of stores selling second-hand goods and as non-store retail sale (i.e. stalls, markets, direct sale) remained at the same level, as did turnover of grocery stores.
The turnover of other specialized stores, such as stores selling predominantly computers and their accessories, books, sports equipment, games, toys, etc. decreased.
The month-on-month change was similar – a rise of 3%, though retail sales turnover for the first seven months of 2018 remained the same compared with the previous period in 2017.
Compared to the previous month in July the turnover of retail trade enterprises increased by 3%. According to the seasonally and working day adjusted data, the increase was 1%. In the seven months of 2018 the turnover of retail trade enterprises stayed at the same level compared to the corresponding period of the previous year. (ERR/Business World Magazine)
Your advertisement under each post on this site. DETAILS