In the first quarter of 2018 the real growth rate of gross domestic product (GDP) amounted to 5.3% YoY in Georgia, says the National Statistics Office of Georgia (Geostat).
In the reporting period the GDP deflator increased by 4.3% and the nominal GDP totaled 9.15 billion GEL.
In Q1 the estimated real GDP growth, compared to the same period of the previous year, was registered in the following activities:
– Real Estate, Renting and Business activities (13.4%);
– Other Community, Social and Personal Service activities (13.4%);
– Mining and Quarrying (11.4%);
– Hotels and Restaurants (10.9%);
– Electricity, Gas and Water Supply (10%);
– Financial Intermediation (9.1%);
– Construction (8.7%);
– Manufacturing (6.6%);
– Education (5.2%);
– Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and personal and household goods (5.1%).
On the other hand a decrease occurred in processing of products by households (-3%), as well as agriculture, hunting and forestry; and fishing (-2.2%). (Agenda/Business World Magazine)
Your advertisement under each post on this site. DETAILS