In 2016, the exports of goods from Ukraine totaled $36.4 billion, a decrease of 4.6% compared with 2015 (down by $1.8 billion), the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine reported.
According to the announcement, there was a significant slowdown in the rates of exports falling in comparison with the beginning of 2016. In January 2016, the reporting indicator totaled 31.9% compared with January 2015.
In particular, engineering goods exports fell by $439.3 million, or by down 9.2%.
At the same time, Ukraine increased the exports of agricultural products and foodstuffs by $721.2 million (up by 5%). The products of agricultural complex formed the most significant share in the structure of goods exports – 42%.
It is noted that the European Union became the main trade partner of Ukraine in the goods exports, its share reached 37.1%. The exports of Ukrainian goods to the EU countries increased by 3.7% compared with 2015 (up by $482.5 million), and totaled $13.5 billion. Agricultural products and foodstuffs (30.5%), metallurgic products (22.9%), engineering goods (15.8%), mineral commodities (10.8%) were the major export items.
In addition, the share of Russia in the Ukrainian exports of goods totaled 9.9% only, down by 2.8% YoY (the index totaled 12.7%). (APK-Inform/Business World Magazine)
Your advertisement under each post on this site. DETAILS